Terms & Conditions
Your happiness is our goal.
Some wines do not travel as well as others. If your wine arrives with the packaging not intact or tastes slightly off due to oxidation or bubbles when there shouldn’t be, we will either reimburse you, send you new wine, or send a credit for your next purchase.
Our “Happiness Guarantee” ensures that we stand by our products no matter what happens between when your wine leaves our facility and makes it into your home.
Wine is a personal experience. Whether you’re experimenting with new vineyards, varietals, vintages, or receiving a selection from our wine club, there are bound to be wines you enjoy and wines that do not fit your taste. That’s normal. Please reserve your “Happiness Guarantee” requests for wine that arrives damaged or has turned bad.
Contact email@example.com and we will be happy to address any concerns. Thank you for choosing Organic Wine Exchange!
- You must be at least 21 years of age to purchase and receive shipped wine. Please see Shipping & Handling section below for more details.
- If you wish to cancel an order, please do so immediately. We pride ourselves in getting our shipments out as soon as possible and we cannot stop a package that has already been shipped.
- We are not responsible for shipping errors if information was not entered correctly. We reserve the right to charge return shipping for refused or undelivered packages.
- Wine will be shipped within 2-4 days of placing your order (weather and holidays may slightly increase that time frame). If you choose a faster shipping method, please note that the shipping time starts when the package leaves the facility, not when the order was placed.
- “Rushed” shipping is typically 2 days from the day it leaves our facility, but could be 1 day in CA.
- All prices are per 750ml bottle unless otherwise noted.
- When inventory is down to just a few bottles, the item may have sold out. Should any item you order be sold out, our staff will contact you to arrange a replacement or refund.
- You may place an order via this website, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at (760) 565-9463.
Shipping & Handling
GENERAL SHIPPING INFORMATION
- Shipping fee is based on weight and location (wine clubs are exempt as they include shipping)
- You will receive a tracking email with a link to follow your shipment. These are just estimates so please continue to track your shipment to make sure you will be home.
- A legally-required “Adult Signature Required” fee is included in your shipping fee for each package that contains alcohol. We do our best to package your shipments to limit these fees.
- We reserve the right to hold the shipment of your wine during extreme weather conditions.
- We cannot be responsible for inappropriate storage/handling on the part of the buyer, although we will make a reasonable effort to resolve any disputes of damaged goods.
- We reserve the right to refuse sales if we deem it to be inappropriate and/or unsafe.
ADULT SIGNATURE REQUIRED
- Your shipment must be signed for by somebody 21 years or age or older. A tracking number will emailed when the shipment is prepared—please keep an eye out for delivery estimates and updates. It’s a good idea to click the tracking link and check it periodically as the tracking information may change if packages are delayed. We recommend shipping to a business address if you might not be home.
DELIVERY ATTEMPTS & RESCHEDULING
- Our shipping partners will return a package after 3 attempts if they have not heard from the recipient first. If you may not be there during the delivery, you can go online at FedEx.com or call them at 800-GoFedEx (800-463-3339), to give more precise delivery instructions (gate code, best hours or days for delivery, etc.) or request it to be held at a partner location, like your nearest shipping center or pharmacy, where you can pick up at your convenience.
- If you choose the “Hold at Location,” please note you have about 5 days to pick it up before it is returned to us. However, you can contact the specific location you requested to have it held and they will usually give you more time.
- All packages that are returned to Organic Wine Exchange are subject to reshipping fees.
- Shipping/handling is non-refundable in event of returned packages. However, the wine portion will be credited with gift certificate that can be used at a later date if the customer chooses to not have it redelivered.
Local Pick Up Policy
- We ask that you pick up your order in a timely manner. After all, don’t you want to drink all that fabulous wine you ordered? Please pick up your order no later than a week after the stated available pick up date. You may email if you need an extension on time. If we do not hear from you, then we will deliver your package and charge your card a $15 delivery fee. Thank you for understanding.
Privacy and Security
- Organic Wine Exchange holds the highest respect for our customer’s privacy. We do not sell any of the information provided by you to any third-parties. By making an order or creating an account you will automatically be added to our mailing list, but you may “opt out” at any time.
- If you are not comfortable releasing your credit card information via our secure website, you may call us with your order at (760) 565-9463. Please note that no orders will be considered complete until payment has been received.
Where We Ship
We are currently shipping all products to:
AK, CA, CT, DC, DE, FL, LA, ND, NE, NH, NM, OR, VA, WV, WY
Due to strict alcohol laws, we cannot ship any alcohol to:
If your state is prohibited, we recommend petitioning your state government to start allowing direct wines sales from retailers. A great resource is FreeTheGrapes.org and their Find Your State > Retailer-to-Consumer section to generate a message to your congressperson.
We cannot ship to PO, APO, or FPO box offices and do not ship outside the U.S.
When your order arrives
- Your wine may be experiencing “bottle shock”
We recommend waiting a few days, up to a week or more, before opening your wine to get the best representation of each bottle. What’s known as bottle shock (or bottle sickness) often occurs with wines that have recently traveled great distances or have been jostled for an extended period in the shipping process. With a little patience, you’ll be able to fully enjoy the fruits of the winemakers labor as it was intended for you.
Receiving your shipments
Your first shipment will be sent quickly after your order is placed. Future shipments are charged and shipped on the 29th of the month.
For monthly wine clubs:
If you subscribe before the 15th of any month:
Your next charge will be on the 29th of the same month. Example: Order on January 10th, your first shipment will be sent out a few days later, then another charge on January 29th for shipment the first week of February.
If you subscribe after the 15th of any month:
Your first shipment will be sent immediately and your next charge will be on the 29th of the next month. Example: Order on January 20th, your first shipment will be sent outa few days later, then another charge on February 29th for shipment the first week of March.
If you want to request something specific
No guarantees, but enter your request in the Special Requests box on the order page and we’ll do our best to accommodate it.
Changing your wine type, frequency, or quantity
Pausing your wine club
Cancel any time
If you used a coupon
We sometimes offer coupon codes to save you money on the first shipment of your wine club. In order to make this sustainable for our business, we include the requirement that you commit to staying with the wine club for at least three shipments. On the My Account page, the ability to pause or cancel your wine club will be disabled until the three terms have elapsed (monthly or quarterly depending on the frequency you signed up for). In cases of hardship, you can pay for the discount that was received on the initial purchase and we will cancel your subscription early.