Terms & Conditions
Your happiness is our goal.
Some wines do not travel as well as others. If your wine arrives with the packaging not intact or tastes slightly off due to oxidation or bubbles when there shouldn’t be, we will either reimburse you, send you new wine, or send a credit for your next purchase.
Our “Happiness Guarantee” ensures that we stand by our products no matter what happens between when your wine leaves our facility and makes it into your home.
Wine is a personal experience. Whether you’re experimenting with new vineyards, varietals, vintages, or receiving a selection from our wine club, there are bound to be wines you enjoy and wines that do not jive with your taste. That’s normal. Please reserve your “Happiness Guarantee” requests for wine that arrives damaged or has turned bad.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to address any concerns.
Thank you for choosing Organic Wine Exchange.
Where We Ship
See map below.
Due to strict alcohol laws, we cannot ship any alcohol to:
AL, DE, KY, MS, UT
If your state is prohibited, we recommend petitioning your state government to start allowing direct wines sales from retailers. A great resource is FreeTheGrapes.org and their Find Your State > Retailer-to-Consumer section to generate a message to your congressperson.
We cannot ship to PO, APO, or FPO box offices.
We do not ship outside the U.S.
When your order arrives
- Your wine may be experiencing “bottle shock”
We recommend waiting a few days, up to a week or more, before opening your wine to get the best representation of each bottle. What’s known as bottle shock (or bottle sickness) often occurs with wines that have recently traveled great distances or have been jostled for an extended period in the shipping process. With a little patience, you’ll be able to fully enjoy the fruits of the winemakers labor as it was intended for you.
- You must be at least 21 years of age to purchase and receive shipped wine.
- Canceled orders must be reported immediately. We pride ourselves in getting our shipments out as soon as possible and we can stop a package that has already been shipped.
- We are not responsible for shipping errors if information is not entered correctly. We reserve the right to charge return shipping for refused or undelivered packages.
- All prices are per 750ml bottle unless otherwise noted.
- When inventory is down to just a few bottles, the item may have sold out. Should any item you order be sold out, our staff will contact you to arrange a replacement or refund.
- You may place an order via our website, by sending an email to email@example.com, or by phone at (760) 565-9463. We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover cards.
Shipping & Handling
- By law, UPS and FedEx requires an Adult Signature Required Fee for all packages that contain alcohol. We will do our best to group all orders into 12 bottle packages to limit these fees.
- Handling Fee includes packaging, $4.75 Adult Signature Required Fee, and processing
- Shipping Fee is based on weight and location.
- Shipping/Handling is non refundable in event of returned packages.
- If a shipment is returned, the customer is responsible for the reshipment fees.
- The sale and shipment of wine is regulated by each individual state, and we cannot ship to all states. Know that some states consider it a Felony to receive direct shipments of wine while other states require a permit and limit the amount of wine shipped.
- We reserve the right to hold the shipment of your wine during extreme weather conditions.
- We cannot be responsible for wine damaged by a shipper or inappropriate storage/handling on the part of the buyer, although we will make a reasonable effort to resolve any disputes of damaged goods that arrive via FedEx.
- We reserve the right to refuse sales if we deem it to be inappropriate and/or unsafe.
Local Pick Up Policy
- We ask that you pick up your order in a timely manner. After all, don’t you want to drink all that fabulous wine you ordered? Please pick up your order no later than a week after the stated available pick up date. You may email if you need an extension on time. If we do not hear from you, then we will deliver your package and charge your card a $15 delivery fee. Thank you for understanding.
Privacy and Security
- Organic Wine Exchange holds the highest respect for our customer’s privacy. We do not sell any of the information provided by you to any third-parties. By making an order or creating an account you will automatically be added to our mailing list, but you may “opt out” at any time.
- If you are not comfortable releasing your credit card information via our secure website, you may call us with your order at (760) 565-9463. Please note that no orders will be considered complete until payment has been received.
Receiving your shipments
Your first shipment will be sent quickly after your order is placed. Future shipments are charged and shipped on the 29th of the month.
For monthly wine clubs:
If you subscribe before the 15th of any month:
Your next charge will be on the 29th of the same month. Example: Order on January 10th, receive your first shipment a few days later, then another around February 1st.
If you subscribe after the 15th of any month:
Your first shipment will be sent immediately and your next charge will be on the 29th of the next month. Example: Order on January 20th, receive your first shipment a few days later, then another around March 1st.
If you want to request something specific
No guarantees, but enter your request in the Special Requests box on the order page and we’ll do our best to accommodate it.
Changing your wine type, frequency, or quantity
Pausing your wine club
Cancel any time
If you used a coupon
We sometimes offer coupon codes to save you money on the first shipment of your wine club. In order to make this sustainable for our business, we include the requirement that you commit to staying with the wine club for at least three shipments, either three months or three quarters depending on the frequency you signed up for. On the My Account page, the ability to cancel your wine club will be disabled until the three terms have elapsed. In cases of hardship we do have the option to pay for the discount that was received on the initial purchase, and canceling your subscription early.