Have you ever wondered what to do with your left over Sangria? You already went through so much trouble making Sangria with your open bottles of wine from that big party and cutting up all that fresh organic fruit. You waited patiently for the flavors to come together, but now you just cannot drink another drop. Stop right there and take the moment to Recycle your Sangria!
Here are 2 recipes with different outcomes. Tell us what you think after trying them, or adding your own twist.
Frozen Recycled Sangria Smoothie
- Separate Sangria saturated Fruit in to a separate bag and freeze (Note: remember to remove rinds from organges, limes or lemons first if you did not do this before making the Sangria).
- Sangria Ice Cubes – Pour left over Sangria in to ice cube trays or something similar.
When you decide you want to dig into your frozen goodies and make your Sangria Smoothie here is what you do:
- 1 ice-cube tray of frozen Sangria Mix or equivalent
- Add 2 cups of frozen fruit (note: you may have to take an ice pick to your left over frozen fruit, as it may have frozen together)
- Top up with about 1 cup of Hansen’s Lemon Lime soda or equivalent
- Add Ice Cubes for desired consistency
- Blend and serve
Recycled Sangria Smoothie
- Separate Sangria saturated Fruit in to a separate bag and freeze (Note: remember to remove rinds from organs, limes or lemons first)
1 cup of refrigerated Sangria
2 cups of frozen Sangria fruit
1 cup ice (add more for desired consistancy)
*Note: Must do this smoothie the day or two after since this Sangria is not frozen.